The torrential rains kept coming down
Playing its melody on the cold hard ground
It sounded like the pitter pater of tiny feet
As I watched from my kitchen seat.
Then I saw and heard the raindrops against my windowpane
Adding another musical note to the game.
Then came the whistling of the wind
And everything started to blend in.
It was a symphony from the heavens above
So we could hear all of GODS love.
I sat in total awe of this splendor that I saw
Even in the darkest hour, the LORD will show his mighty power.
What greater gift to man – then when he shows his helping hand.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Musical Rain by louis rams )
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(15 September 1889 – 22 May 1948)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Television, Roald Dahl
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Love, Baki Yigit
- Hopeless Romantic, Shane Clawson
- Firebird Sunset, Salvatore Ala
- Flicker, Jessica Paige Davies
- I will always return, Jessica Paige Davies
- They are my horses, Jessica Paige Davies
- HOW THEY ALL FALL, Terry Collett
- Caucus at the Parking Meter, Donal Mahoney
- A Small Something, Jessica Paige Davies
- Shrouded, Jessica Paige Davies