Music Is Mystic
Ever universal in its scope
It touches here and touches there.
It gives pure joy and inspires hope
In the countless hearts everywhere.
Ah, music is captivating,
Arresting entwined emotions.
For music indeed is mystic—
Far more than simple devotion.
Music affects the whole being
Essentially one’s every part.
Thus every culture embraces
Such a heavenly-endowed art.
So enjoy to the soul’s content,
And there’ll be less time to lament.
Walterrean Salley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Music Is Mystic by Walterrean Salley )
Did you read them?
- Within Poetical Interludes, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Look In Your Ear - Haiku, Robert Eckstein
- ~Someone Knows~, E Nigma
- In Egoless Silence We Bore..., Mr. Nobody
- Pleasure Of Desire, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It is all true, gajanan mishra
- Poet Persona and YOU, which is which?, Mr. Nobody
- Saturated, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I would never hurt you, The Princess is
- One Mode of Mortal Devotion, William Park
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow