Music Is Mystic
Ever universal in its scope
It touches here and touches there.
It gives pure joy and inspires hope
In the countless hearts everywhere.
Ah, music is captivating,
Arresting entwined emotions.
For music indeed is mystic—
Far more than simple devotion.
Music affects the whole being
Essentially one’s every part.
Thus every culture embraces
Such a heavenly-endowed art.
So enjoy to the soul’s content,
And there’ll be less time to lament.
Walterrean Salley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Music Is Mystic by Walterrean Salley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Beauty Unseen, Khairul Ahsan
- Down to Earth, moez meftah
- Away she went, moez meftah
- I Need A Reason To Live Your Dream, Asma Riaz Khan
- tera didar wo, Yashvardhan Goel
- My bloody heart!, Vinaya Joseph
- Cobwebs, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Gifts of Aging, Liilia Talts Morrison