I have no muse now. No lover to sing
The anger is gone, and now it's just me
The beautiful train wreck, the fiery dart
The lonely, the healing, the ruin become art.
My canvas is once again blank, and I sigh
For I no longer live, yet I no longer die
I no longer feel, but for now I suppose
That's all for the best - I'm naïve, heaven knows.
I'm lonely - it's true, but it won't be for long
Til I see my sweet prince and he'll answer my song
I'll be glad that I waited these years for my beau
He'll find me at last and we'll reap what we've sown.
My heart is all spent and now lies down to rest
A spell of transition do merit the best
I sit here in silence, awaiting the call
Of my Savior to action, to burst through the wall.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Also visit my Facebook page at: https: //www.facebook.com/poetkatelintaylor? ref_type=bookmark
Comments about this poem (Muse by Katelin Taylor )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- NotVery PC, Phil Soar
- Disguise, Aparna Chatterjee
- WHITE: The colour of pride, Mohammed Rakibul Hossain
- Elimination of Stress and Strife in My L.., K J Force
- Philip's Philippines, Richard Thripp
- less, lee fones
- Boven de Mens'lijkheid, Madrason writer
- Sleep To Dream, Arafat Driche
- The curse of poverty, Arafat Driche
- The Statue, Arafat Driche