I found this hero today.
They looked right through me,
As though I were invisible.
They never noticed me,
What a smile I had on my face.
I am happy to see you, Mr. Hero,
But you don't see that I'm right here.
You're looking right through me.
You're not seeing that I'm here.
Mr. Hero, I am here to save you,
For you are my hero no longer.
I'm here to take care of you, Mr. Hero,
Not for you to take care of me.
Wake up, Mr. Hero.
I'm here to take your temperature.
I'm here to make sure you're all better.
Mr. Hero, I'm sorry to inform you,
But you're not my hero anymore.
Shannon Nicole's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mr. Hero by Shannon Nicole )
- Towards Air Which Is So Free, Rohit Sapra
- Midnight Blue, Charles Hancock
- Villanelle: Even childhood teenage nurtu.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Conversation between Two Dead Bodies, Md. Ziaul Haque
- This World is Full of Beauty, Gerald Massey
- Let's Get Wet in Moonlight, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Inner Sacrifice, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Tribute to a Writer, Md. Ziaul Haque
- For Touching You Once, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Be Mine Forever, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- My Retreat, Jose Rizal
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)