MR BIG TOE MEETS OPAL OCTOPUS
Big Toe notices eight legs sticking out of the sand,
he goes over and gives Opal octopus a hand.
Opal was washed up close to shore,
Big Toe introduces himself and hands her an ore.
Opal says "Hi, and starts to smile, "
they start to laugh and chat for awhile.
Opal says she is friends with Majesty and Sarah Star,
Big Toe replies "I ate with them on Tuesday
at Dave's Restaurant which is not far."
"It is only down on Lake Ave. in downtown,
it is the best eating experience I have found.
Opal replies back, "That sounds like you all had a fun day,
I will have to find them and bring them back your way".
Then Opal jumps back with her eight legs into the sea,
she waves to Big Toe and yells "Thank You Big Toe,
I will say Hi for you to Sarah Star and Majesty."
Written by Sue Chevalier on May 11,2012
Sue Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MR BIG TOE MEETS OPAL OCTOPUS by Sue Chevalier )
- Deep Within, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Gleaming Moon Walked With Me,, Aftab Alam
- I choose nature to you, Vidura Prabhath
- [FIVE] - of roses in a decaying memory, Lenny Orlando Camacho
- My Winter Bed, BARRY WYATT JR.
- Forget You Not, Forget You Not, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The sweetest song, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns