MR BIG TOE MEETS OPAL OCTOPUS
Big Toe notices eight legs sticking out of the sand,
he goes over and gives Opal octopus a hand.
Opal was washed up close to shore,
Big Toe introduces himself and hands her an ore.
Opal says "Hi, and starts to smile, "
they start to laugh and chat for awhile.
Opal says she is friends with Majesty and Sarah Star,
Big Toe replies "I ate with them on Tuesday
at Dave's Restaurant which is not far."
"It is only down on Lake Ave. in downtown,
it is the best eating experience I have found.
Opal replies back, "That sounds like you all had a fun day,
I will have to find them and bring them back your way".
Then Opal jumps back with her eight legs into the sea,
she waves to Big Toe and yells "Thank You Big Toe,
I will say Hi for you to Sarah Star and Majesty."
Written by Sue Chevalier on May 11,2012
Sue Chevalier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MR BIG TOE MEETS OPAL OCTOPUS by Sue Chevalier )
- Coming Home, Randy McClave
- what is this? i don't even..., Mandolyn ...
- Today is but tomorrow..., David Lessard
- Sa hagupit ni Yolanda, nagkabuhol-buhol, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- At Nights, Madrason writer
- Trajectorya ng masuyong hampas-lupa, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- falling down a well, well, you pushed me, Mandolyn ...
- Indeed, george albot
- Poets, Do You Agree?, Sandra Feldman
- broad boy souffle, derrick foster
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)