He was who he was, a beloved man,
Admired by all it now oddly seems.
For such sweet sentiments are being shared
And mournful tributes number in the reams.
Though I hold just a single grim regret:
That is that none of these kind words were said-
Not a word of praise; or affectionate phrase
Was ever uttered before he lay dead...
Jack Growden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mournful Lament by Jack Growden )
- Love for OLUEBUBE, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- Broken Dreams, Saturday Chikezie Promise
- My mattress, Nassy Fesharaki
- أولوية, مالك حداد
- Finding Self, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- سأهبك غزالة, مالك حداد
- To my one and only (April 3,2014), Didith Marcelo
- de compras, Von Kimball Barney
- المهمة التي أنجزت, مالك حداد
- سأهبك الشاطئ, مالك حداد
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)