He was who he was, a beloved man,
Admired by all it now oddly seems.
For such sweet sentiments are being shared
And mournful tributes number in the reams.
Though I hold just a single grim regret:
That is that none of these kind words were said-
Not a word of praise; or affectionate phrase
Was ever uttered before he lay dead...
Jack Growden's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mournful Lament by Jack Growden )
- THEY GOT TIRED, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- MY WAYطريقي, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Genes, jeans!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Ticking Over, Yvonne Rautenbach
- In A Confused World, Edward Kofi Louis
- MY WAY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- You need someone, hasmukh amathalal
- Organized team, hasmukh amathalal
- I Am Weird and I Am Happy, Rohit Sapra
- Beloved Alice (Square Sonnet I), Rohan Nath