Mother Mahalaxmi attracts the chaste women, goldy devotees;
She provides rays of delight.
Her shrine smiles in the lap of Nature;
Endowed with fragrant lotus Mother contents real devotee’s desire.
Mother’s temple dazzles with various coloured lights;
Her shrine is a perennial brook of delight.
Mother’s temple dazzles beneath the blue sky;
In real devotees mother penetrates rays of gay.
Sanctity, purity, tranquillity pervades in the air;
Mother fulfils poets’, devotees’, innocent chaste poor women’s desire
Poet derives profound pleasure;
On the solitary shrine, contents spiritual desire.
vavroovahana patra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MOTHER’S TEMPLE by vavroovahana patra )
- Hindi Haiku (91-95), S.D. TIWARI
- Polar Bear, William Jay Smith
- Penguin, William Jay Smith
- Hindi Haiku (81-90), S.D. TIWARI
- Tired Fox, Aftab Alam
- Hindi haiku (75-80), S.D. TIWARI
- Invitation to Ground Zero, William Jay Smith
- Touch not, gajanan mishra
- At Inchon, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Always Yours, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Thought, Robert Louis Stevenson
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- On the Ning Nang Nong, Spike Milligan
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 April 1918 – 27 February 2002)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)