Mother Mahalaxmi attracts the chaste women, goldy devotees;
She provides rays of delight.
Her shrine smiles in the lap of Nature;
Endowed with fragrant lotus Mother contents real devotee’s desire.
Mother’s temple dazzles with various coloured lights;
Her shrine is a perennial brook of delight.
Mother’s temple dazzles beneath the blue sky;
In real devotees mother penetrates rays of gay.
Sanctity, purity, tranquillity pervades in the air;
Mother fulfils poets’, devotees’, innocent chaste poor women’s desire
Poet derives profound pleasure;
On the solitary shrine, contents spiritual desire.
vavroovahana patra's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MOTHER’S TEMPLE by vavroovahana patra )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Ki no Tsurayuki
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
John Greenleaf Whittier
(17 December 1807 – 7 September 1892)