Barry A. Lanier
Most Men Are Masochists
Surely most would agree!
Most men are masochists!
Yes they really do enjoy pain!
Why else would one continue to.....
Pull fingernails off in the quick?
When a nail-clipper would suffice!
Why would one leave the wife at home?
And go play cards all night with the boys!
Tell a bona fidee lie to the wife!
When the truth would have been much easier.
Men will cook, if danger is involved.
Men go shopping and actually act like they enjoy it!
Why would one wear underwear 3 days in a row?
Why would you think men enjoy crapping?
Hitting a door or wall is really masculine!
What do they love most about football?
Let the man clean the house!
Then beat him with the broom!
But ladies don't punish your men.
They actually might enjoy it!
However if you really to want to punish him!
Engage him in a conversation!
Barry A. Lanier's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Most Men Are Masochists by Barry A. Lanier )
- It Really Ain't So Bad.... In Hell ......., Bri Edwards
- Crushed Cookies...... [HUMOR; SHORT; re.., Bri Edwards
- Where Did Mommy Go, Stephen Morris Jr
- me sisters dog, lee fones
- On Cold Grey Mountain, John Martinez
- I KNEW LOVE, SHARON YAKOWA
- I'm Still Here, Stephen Morris Jr
- tramp, lee fones
- Leaves On The Grass, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Thought Process, Mitta Xinindlu
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)