Morning in a Village
Picturesque houses stand in small streets,
streets empty as dawn breaks.
Balconies trimmed with flowers
of assorted colours behind scrolled trellises.
The early morning air is cool and crisp
while on the horizon standing majestically
the mountains in morning glory
as slowly things awake.
Sitting on a balcony silently
I watch as people and animals
stir and awake to start
another wonderful blessed day.
15 August 2013
This poem was written on the balcony of our hotel room at about 6 am on our first morning in Austria, while my wife was still sleeping.
David Harris's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Morning in a Village by David Harris )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Parody, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Prayer for the lost., David Lessard
- UGLY AGGRESSORS معتدون قبيحون, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- SANDY AND MUSHMISH (THEY USED TO BE MY L.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Scarecrow Not Quite Dissolving By Orange.., mary douglas
- WHO ARE WE? من نحن ؟, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- We Complain, Sandra Feldman
- Trapped Inside This Head Of Mine, david kush
- a light bulb flickers in my dreams, Mandolyn ...
- कर्म ही अब धर्म जहाँ..., Sandhya Jane