The pale moon dreams
Of being noticed.
The bright moon dreams
Of being heard.
The new moon dreams
Of stars in the sky,
to get through
the dark night.
The crescent moon dreams
of being young forever,
While the half moon dreams
Of another half moon
To be with.
The gibbous moon dreams
all moons' dream
Of being perfect
Like a full moon.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Moon Dreams by Tricia Cwx )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1923 - 1998)
(8 December 65 BC – 27 November 8 BC)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
(27 July 1870 – 16 July 1953)
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Loving is What Christmas is All About, Dorsey Baker
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Good Riddance, Electric Lady
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne