I'm playing, I‘m climbing
I'm singing, I'm gossiping
I‘m dancing, I‘m dying
She is so close to me
My relation with her
She is loved by all
Such a nice face she has
Ever young, ever youth
I loved her from my child hood
When I used to ask with my Granny
"Why she is always moving with me
Wherever I go, she goes with me? "
"She is a friend of yours.".
Now I'm not a Baby
That kid hid in me
Somewhere and lost
I can't disclose to thee//
Once in my dream
Where there is a mosque
Near to my home, just right of it
If looked from my home/
She hung along with the rubies
In a glass like cage
Above the ground
Like a laden tree
I threw a stone
It broke the cage
Rubies scattered all round
Near the door of the mosque
She vertically climbed and went
Where she supposed to be
I picked up a red ruby
I was happy...
When I woke up
Searched the Stone...
Nothing was there except
Now I'm asking a question
Whether I loved her or not?
Or it means something
Unknown to me.....
O Moon! O Mirror!
How can I see my face in thy face///.
Aftab Alam's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Moon by Aftab Alam )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(2 November 1994)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Poem of the Day
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- The Scheme, Tony Adah
- The Worry, Leong Ming Loong
- जो अब तन्हा ही निकला तो, ज़माना साथ चलता है, Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- ** अबोल मी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- जो देखू आज घर आँगन तो माँ की याद आती है., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- तुम्हारे इश्क में जीवन कहाँ, कैसे, गुज़ार.., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra
- यहाँ हर सुख का साथी है यहाँ हर दुःख कंवा.., Abhishek Omprakash Mishra