the peaceful nights in which i dream...
often break by muffled scream,
in which my sullen lullaby,
coos and calls from muddy lie,
all the while, silver moons,
wax and wane like silk cocoons,
stars they spark, they flicker and die,
leaving space with wound and cries...
all the while, i dream away,
of what'll become of me someday...
peaceful mind in which i hide,
like dreary wonderland life subside,
leave me in my dream of play,
in childish fervor i do delay,
and hide from eyes which pry,
and glares which sere, into my soul,
and awaken fear, and kill the bold,
so hide inside my dreams all day,
until this menace goes away...
so perhaps inside wonderland ill hide,
until body of young becomes the old,
like dust in reality i care none of...
id rather die in such childish suicide
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Moon by Kat owings )
- Teacher Yaser Nadeem Sari, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- How Are You Hittin' It?, Joe Hughes visit joehughes.o ..
- The Forsaken Tradition, ALEX OGOH
- The different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- India To Vow, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- A Touch of Fall, Rhonda Trull
- YEN, Gina Borrebach
- Geleefd, geliefd, verzonken, Madrason writer
- That coming Fall, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Set of Compromises, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Lilly Emery