It drags it's teeth across my chest
to taste my beating heart,
It's fingers claw my skin; tries to
tear it's way in.
I feel it deep within,
It's just beneath my skin;
I know I am the answer,
I feel like a monster.
I kept it caged, but now it seems
he set it running free,
Screaming in the dark, I'll howl
when we're apart;
I hear it now, my loud, beating heart.
I hate what I've become,
The nightmare's just begun.
I know now, that I
have become a monster.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
I've always wanted to do that! : P
Comments about this poem (Monster by Natasha Foster )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Ebola, Is It Poetry
- Last Journey, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Cat Nap..., Denis Martindale
- Blasphemy Is Light Which Beacons The Pat.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Tall One, tallulah montegue
- to be continued..., Mandolyn ...
- A song of a real dream!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- The Face in the Passing Train, David Lewis Paget
- Awareness of the Truth (Section 36 of Th.., rajendran muthiah
- The Poetic Art & Craft of O.N.Gupta, Bijay Kant Dubey