MONKEY AND DONKEY
Monkey donkey two friends
Live in a village,
Where does the crocodile live
They have no knowledge.
Monkey went to drink water
Donkey to graze grass,
Monkey saw a crocodile
A horse was seen by ass.
Monkey thought the crocodile
To be drown inthe water,
Donkey grinned and tried
To make horse flatter.
Monkey jumped in to water
To save the crocodile,
Horse understood ass's fulness
And just gave a smile.
Crocodile laughed ha...ha... ha
Tastey monkey meat,
Horse caught donkey
And tried to beat.
Monkey swam to save own life
Save me God!
Donkey tugged horseman
And ran on the road.
Monkey jumped on the bank
Oh! I am alive!
Donkey met monkey
And told own grief.
Subhakanta Sahu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MONKEY AND DONKEY by Subhakanta Sahu )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 March 1941 -)
(18 November 1939)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Kev Elmer
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Prayer To Mother Nature., Marcondes Pereira
Poem of the Day
- Being Rich, Randy McClave
- Chief glory, gajanan mishra
- If I Get There, Luis Estable
- That Savor Is So, Luis Estable
- No One KnowsThe Pain I Feel, Luis Estable
- The Kentucky Hangnail, Randy McClave
- Bell, Book & Candle, David Lewis Paget
- Dear baby - (Something Casual), Mitta Xinindlu
- A Glowing Morning, Rohit Sapra
- सबका चहेता तो रहा हूँ sabka chahetaa, hasmukh amathalal