Mon Requin.......................My Shark
Chaque fois.........Each time
je prends la mer, ..I take to the sea,
cette mer, je bois..that sea, I drink.
Voila pourquoi......That's why
la vie du marin.....the sailor's life
c'est ne pas........is not
la vie pour moi! ...the life for me!
When I say 'je bois la mer'
I say, 'I drink the sea'
and mean, 'I'm doing something hard',
and when I say, 'je prends la mer',
I say, 'I take the sea'
and mean, 'I'm taking to the sea'.
The meaning of 'my shark' is 'fear'.
It's not because my shark's a shark,
that for going to sea I have no notion.
It's because, my shark, is 'drowning in the ocean'.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mon Requin.......................My Shark by douglas scotney )
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Jugnoo, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- that smelly stuff that gets real and som.., Mandolyn ...
- The Rice Eaters, Tony Adah
- Epilogue, Lawrence Beck
- broken wing, Cee Bea
- Planet Control, Joseph Archer
- My Struggle, Michael P. McParland
- Nervous Wreck, Michael P. McParland
- Bäume, Wolfgang Steinmann
- Infinity Divided By Zero, Michael P. McParland
- Inner nightmare, iluneos periform