Mon Requin.......................My Shark
Chaque fois.........Each time
je prends la mer, ..I take to the sea,
cette mer, je bois..that sea, I drink.
Voila pourquoi......That's why
la vie du marin.....the sailor's life
c'est ne pas........is not
la vie pour moi! ...the life for me!
When I say 'je bois la mer'
I say, 'I drink the sea'
and mean, 'I'm doing something hard',
and when I say, 'je prends la mer',
I say, 'I take the sea'
and mean, 'I'm taking to the sea'.
The meaning of 'my shark' is 'fear'.
It's not because my shark's a shark,
that for going to sea I have no notion.
It's because, my shark, is 'drowning in the ocean'.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mon Requin.......................My Shark by douglas scotney )
- The Piano Player, Stacy L. Mar
- How To Some It Tastes, Is It Poetry
- Snapshot Summer, Stacy L. Mar
- yeah, i'm in love. get over it, Mandolyn ...
- Blue Matter, Stacy L. Mar
- Dont dance my body, onzia dan
- Pizza Talk and English Beer, Stacy L. Mar
- Hurting 2, Michael McParland
- Pen it down, Mokhtari Houssam eddine
- Mountain Parkway, Stacy L. Mar
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns