Mon Requin.......................My Shark
Chaque fois.........Each time
je prends la mer, ..I take to the sea,
cette mer, je bois..that sea, I drink.
Voila pourquoi......That's why
la vie du marin.....the sailor's life
c'est ne pas........is not
la vie pour moi! ...the life for me!
When I say 'je bois la mer'
I say, 'I drink the sea'
and mean, 'I'm doing something hard',
and when I say, 'je prends la mer',
I say, 'I take the sea'
and mean, 'I'm taking to the sea'.
The meaning of 'my shark' is 'fear'.
It's not because my shark's a shark,
that for going to sea I have no notion.
It's because, my shark, is 'drowning in the ocean'.
douglas scotney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mon Requin.......................My Shark by douglas scotney )
- The Sadness Of This World, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Vigna Mukund
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid