Gert Strydom (03 April 1964 / Johannesburg, South Africa)
Moments Of Such Great Rapture Must Be Sin
as the depths of love we do enter in
to know you so intimate there must be trust
finding a kind of beauty deeper than skin
like the first time an eagle is flying,
something more than just touching
as you leap into the waiting abyss,
straining against how life really is.
Poet Other Poems
- “Where have all the soldiers gone? Gone ...
- 1899-1902 (Cavatina Sequence) (In Answ...
- 20th century
- 5th Avenue remembered
- A accountant at a transport company
- A Bee Buzzes Past In Its Flight
- a Birthday
- A birthday: Far too long
- A bottle of wolf’s poison
- A bouquet for you
- A Boy Fishing (Cavatina Sequence)
- a Brave Boer boy
- A brave Field Cornet
- A brood of vipers
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.