RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Moments In Life
Time wears on, never showing it's age, except in wrinkles
upon aging skin.
Where are times of special quality hiding? We seem to have
misplaced them along with hopes and dreams once known.
Seeking treasures of youth in cobwebbed corners of past
memories cannot bring the relief we need from old age and forgetfulness.
Life has somehow progressed while we weren't looking, and
now we find only sadness from uncollected yearnings.
Empty bags lying wrinkled, wasted years and moments in our
Picking up, collecting and folding them in bundles, set
aside for the few possessions we'll leave after life has
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Moments In Life by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A Certain Beauty, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Brel2, David McLansky
- Untouched, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Being Enriched, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If we meet again, Mellinda Aimee Jajalla
- Wondering How To Find Conclusions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- My Luna ii, binod bastola
- Killings! Killings!, Udaya R. Tennakoon
- Long ago and far away., richard harris
- in memory of my first and last love, LUZAAN de Bruyn