RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Moments In Life
Time wears on, never showing it's age, except in wrinkles upon aging skin.
Where are times of special quality hiding?
We seem to have misplaced them along with hopes and dreams once known.
Seeking treasures of youth in cobwebbed corners of past memories cannot bring the relief we need from old age and forgetfulness.
Life has somehow progressed while we weren't looking, and now we find only sadness from uncollected yearnings.
Empty bags lying wrinkled, wasted years and moments in our lives.
Picking up, collecting and folding them in bundles, set aside for the few possessions we'll leave after life has ended.
RoseAnn V. Shawiak's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Moments In Life by RoseAnn V. Shawiak )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- What It is In My Karma, Dharma? (My Unse.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Just Flow In Love ~~~ ~~~ ~~~, LUVinThe NOW
- Wish I Could Come With You!, Geetha Jayakumar
- Superstitions., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- आंबो सासे राजा, Bahadur Basumatary
- Miss Coal Beauty/ Coal Black Diamond Girl, Bijay Kant Dubey
- THE LAST SCENE المشهد الاخير, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Keep Smiling!, Geetha Jayakumar
- THE LAST SCENE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Gone, Kareem Sameh