Bijay Kant Dubey
Modern PoetrySmacking of Utter Vanity, Self-ego & Broken Statements
Is this called modern poetry,
I am eating, you are eating,
I am going, you are coming,
We are conersing and chatting?
Even if I am a poetaster, I mean a rhymer,
A commoner, a non-poet
turned to poetry as for name's sake
Without spending money, trying to be a poet,
Nothing to spend on pen and paper,
Publishing and printing
just go on calling poems
After uploading your materials,
Posting on the internet poetry datatbase.
You just become a poet for the time,
After that time will decide
Who a poet and who not?
Those who could never be they too will become,
Those who do not know English too become
The professors of poesy and creative literature
And freelance visionaries.
Bijay Kant Dubey's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Modern PoetrySmacking of Utter Vanity, Self-ego & Broken Statements by Bijay Kant Dubey )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Time heals, salma. torrez
- A cowardly disguise, Cheryl Butler
- Are Farm Animals Like Humans? ……. [spe.., Bri Edwards
- Vows Broken, The Zentire World Missed L.., Monk E. Biz
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver
- Flowers Do Eventually Wilt, Hazel Durham
- No se amor, Sergio Jaime
- Haiku: Colored Perceptions, Brian Johnston