M.D Dinesh Nair
It was a festival day-
The sermon was on how to make a sacrifice
And I thought they would make sacrifices of their own.
I was wrong, wrong again.
They sacrificed a hundred camels and ten thousand sheep
And searched for the smiling face of a God in the skies!
It was a Sunday
The hymn was on endurance of man
And I thought man would learn to endure a lot.
I was wrong, wrong and wrong again.
He bought things that could endure a life time
And invited the have nots to have a glance over them!
It was a holiday for me
The front door was just open for me
And I thought I could enter the home and meet them for once.
I was wrong, thrice wrong by now
They were not there; they were busy breaking the back door
And they next led me to the courtyard through it!
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (MISTAKEN IMAGES by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
RoseAnn V. Shawiak
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Don't Go Far Off, Pablo Neruda
- Three Wise Men, Bill Simmons
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- A proposal to wake up, none .....
- Dreams are All That Remain, Rohit Sapra
- Flowers By The Roadside, Maurice Rowlands
- You are born to be a poet, ramesh rai
- Beautiful flower, gajanan mishra
- A Fool, crystal ruth
- The Game, douglas scotney
- Cover Me With You, George Dee Vuy
- Loss In A Mirror, Naveed Akram
- Angelwalk 2, Mr. Spock