I have found myself intoxicated by a thought, Swerving to the left n right trying to sought the reason of why I was brought, Only to find myself caught by a mistaken illusion.
In my mind it causes so much confusion, invading my thoughts in every angle, call it mental intrusion. I find myself in a pool of questions stirring up frustrations, Elevating tensions of why am I alive. As I hold my breath and take a dive, I’m pounded by more and more questions causing my spine to suffer from osteoporosis, suffocating 4rm al the wrong and right choices that diagnosed me with curiosity and now I’m driven by animosity, To unveil the truth behind all this controversy of where do i come from? Why do i exist? Why can’t i resist al these questions that exist, As I fight head on with this mistaken illusion, I find myself buried in more confusion Of why I’m entrapped by a mistaken illusion. As I ponder more and more on this thought my mind is sent on to a different dimension, a silenced section, A place were words aint used, actions are abused n silent sounds introduced. I hear the silence speaking to my soul, asking me why am I so cold? Is it coz i have never learnt how to be silent? Always bin violent through my thoughts n words, Never took the time to b quiet, so in silence I became a prisoner, a listener to nothing. In a split second my mind turned blank, My ignorance sank n the chapter of silence in my life turned blank as I felt a hand touch my shoulder, I saw the lord intervene on my behalf.as I felt the favour that was upon Daniel fall on me…. I felt my spirit elevate from down under n sensed a wonder, right before my eyes I saw God n he saw me…….his spirit oozes inside of my being, Triggering unknown vibrations flowing through my body, I felt his connection as he answered al my questions, Producing solutions, Clearing al the confusion produced by this mistaken illusion.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mistaken Illusion by Ishmael Andrews )
- The Truest Love., Achill Ladd
- Points made between waves, Mark Heathcote
- ignus fatuus or sketches of my past?, Mandolyn ...
- Black Wings, Lilly Emery
- United we Stand Divided we fall, Aftab Alam
- Beauty, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Come Home, Richard Provencher
- Like our dream, Aftab Alam
- A puppet in times hand, Aftab Alam
- Nature's arts., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)