As I sit alone in my room I think of the past,
feeling things that should have passed.
Four years later and she still burns my heart,
still slowly but surely ripping me apart.
I have yet to find an escape from her image,
a feeling I welcomed, and was almost privileged.
But soon she left, leaving me alone in my darkness,
rendering me into an almost empty carcass.
How happy we were, yes indeed,
we came to each other in out own time of need.
But it fell away burning, while I watched with blind eyes
we both chose to ignore as it crashed into its own demise.
If I chose to let the feeling in regret would greet me first,
almost as if every thought of you was tied to a curse.
A lost soul burning through a mask of an untold story.
Something no one will ever know, it is my hidden tale of glory.
We could have laid together side by side,
instead you lit the fuse and watched as it died,
out of every lie, you told me you loved me and cared,
but if any of it was true, love was the last thing you shared.
Please don’t get the wrong idea, I miss you with every inch of heart,
but it wasn’t meant to be because we were so far apart.
I regret all the things I said even if you don't,
id meet you someday if it had been different but I know we won't.
As if coming to an end I might someday forget you,
but that day is far from here and our time is far from through.
Hopefully someday ill have to courage to say hi,
and maybe once again time can just pass us by.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Missing You by Timothy Beauregard )
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
- YouTube and Phalloplasty, Jeff Gangwer
- Journey, Dave Cadaqu
- Brad Pitt / Brad Dourif, Jeff Gangwer
- History / Your Dust, Jeff Gangwer
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
- Your Ghost Doesn't Haunt This Room, Jeff Gangwer
- She Wore Poison on Her Neck, Jeff Gangwer
- Yes or No?, Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)