I peeped inside kitchen
So many tempting dishes for one guest!
Mom busy in cooking.
I felt little jealous
as mom don't make all this for me.
Just a boy of 8 years
mischievous thought came to my mind.
Mom busy serving.
I played little prank.
Added chillies to one of them
and waited for my turn.
Guest relishing dishes one by one.
On one dish he drank as much as water
as the tears rolled down from his eyes.
Mom went blank.
She couldn't understand.
I couldn't control my laughter
and got my turn of scoldings.
But it's bad I shouldn't have done this.
I realised it after many years,
when I became the guest.
©ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY GEETHA JAYAKUMAR 2014
Topic of this poem: poem
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mischief by Geetha Jayakumar )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- On This Issue, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Lost Friend, adrian moreno
- LIVE THE WAY JESUS LIVED, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- Let's Grow Old Together, Spiritwind Wood
- Love Is A Beautiful Thing II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Over The Fence, Edward Kofi Louis
- Abhi Sawera Nahi Hua Hai, Devendra Kumar Singh
- After School Days, Pijush Biswas
- It's Cognizant, Ifthekar Ifthi
- Never A Mistake~, Kamini Arichandran