I peeped inside kitchen
So many tempting dishes for one guest!
Mom busy in cooking.
I felt little jealous
as mom don't make all this for me.
Just a boy of 8 years
mischievous thought came to my mind.
Mom busy serving.
I played little prank.
Added chillies to one of them
and waited for my turn.
Guest relishing dishes one by one.
On one dish he drank as much as water
as the tears rolled down from his eyes.
Mom went blank.
She couldn't understand.
I couldn't control my laughter
and got my turn of scoldings.
But it's bad I shouldn't have done this.
I realised it after many years,
when I became the guest.
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mischief by Geetha Jayakumar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A Mother's Bond, Valentine Mbagu
- Beautiful Nubian Goddess, Lore Me34
- Hind haiku (26-30), S.D. TIWARI
- Empathizing With Their Grievances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Almost timeless, Gert Strydom
- #obamanation, A.j. Binash
- She broke in to me, Gert Strydom
- Fettered Birds By Bijay Kant Dubey, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Flash Fiction, Jose Armando Guzman
- Age-erasing Strategy .... [PERSONAL GRO.., Bri Edwards