I peeped inside kitchen
So many tempting dishes for one guest!
Mom busy in cooking.
I felt little jealous
as mom don't make all this for me.
Just a boy of 8 years
mischievous thought came to my mind.
Mom busy serving.
I played little prank.
Added chillies to one of them
and waited for my turn.
Guest relishing dishes one by one.
On one dish he drank as much as water
as the tears rolled down from his eyes.
Mom went blank.
She couldn't understand.
I couldn't control my laughter
and got my turn of scoldings.
But it's bad I shouldn't have done this.
I realised it after many years,
when I became the guest.
Geetha Jayakumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mischief by Geetha Jayakumar )
Did you read them?
- Unilateral, Edward Kofi Louis
- Never Feeling Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- To The Gates Of Hell, Edward Kofi Louis
- The house where the wife lives like an i.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Ek Lafz Ek Rishta, Bano Ali
- THE PATRIOT, Justice Uchenna Mmahi
- fortress of solutude, ademola oluwabusayo
- Never Feeling The Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Change Is Needed, Edward Kofi Louis
- How Can She Learn?, Edward Kofi Louis