Tangible illusions of what self can be
stare in confidence my ego and me
Shifting a smile and a brush of hair
Standing Angel stunning and fair
Young and old locked in time
Polishing years, gave a shine
After showers mist wrinkles pass
Blink of an eye, beauty won’t last
Looking back, I winked my eye
who’s really winking is it you or I?
Can’t see you, when sad and down
I’m exhaust fixing you, still a frown
Masquerading faces I gave to you
why don’t you tell, which one is true?
I yelled at you saying, ” This one is me! ”
But a silent gaze, was all I can see
Meditating on other walls, not having a clue
at least I’m not alone there is me, and then there’s you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mirrors by Merrill Auguste )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Canticle of Hope, Robert Charles Howard
- If I were me.. (Open IIT Creative Writing), Abhinit Chute (abz)
- the peace of a bee, Noah Body
- SILKEN GLOVES, Philo Yan
- A word in your ear, Ponniah Ganeshan
- Crematorium, umaprosad das
- Stupid Illusion, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Por Ti Soñaré, Prophmatt . . .
- The color of love, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Nightmare, Zillur Rahman Shuvro