Bazi alis Subrata Ray
Mirage As The Prophet Witnesses.
Once in Western India through a desert country,
Vivekananda Swami had His pilgrimage,
He walked and walked on passage after passage,
Crystal lakes, trees and pants clad in green hue,
Revealed one after another in His wandering gauss.
One day thirsty He felt to quench His throat,
Hurried He was and his sense Him brought,
TO clear and transparent watery lake,
The more he approached the more it proved a fake.
The supernatural in natural began to haunt his Being,
A vow He took to search the real thing.
Every day the same apparent lakes charmed his sense,
In willing suspension of disbelief He felt the trance.
Then the ray of the truth flashed in His brain,
Throughout His life, Swamiji had seen mirage’s train.
Yet He could not know why and what for it was,
It was a mirage –the bubbles of Nature’s vanishing touch.
‘So is it with this universe’ –He draws the conclusion,
The past Karma and the future hopes evoke the motion.
Lifelong -lifelong run we after one mirage to another,
The body decays, the mind falls, -the mirage enchants farther.
So long the chains of Karma are broken,
In grips of mirage we are taken,
And vainly seek the objects of foolish desire,
And utterly fail to ignite the hidden divine fire.
A new knowledge by quantum Jump,
By our stern austerity would surely come,
And Mirage the provoking Cheat no longer remains,
Then the truest Conscience equals to purified brain.
Bazi alis Subrata Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mirage As The Prophet Witnesses. by Bazi alis Subrata Ray )
- Thoughts of Perfection, michael walkerjohn
- Coffee & cream, Mark Heathcote
- An African Woman Unfolds, michael walkerjohn
- The Daughter of the Earth - 43, gajanan mishra
- Prove your presence, hasmukh amathalal
- Do Early Birds Really Catch the Worm?, Dr John Celes
- I Did It Well, Vera Sidhwa
- Epistemology, michael walkerjohn
- Rain at the Glass Window, Ismim Putera
- Come Away With Me, Almedia Knight Oliver
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)