There are only shadows –
to an evaporating world.
Time has etched its purpose upon my soul,
eroding away all vestiges of hope,
and life has written the score
of a melancholy tune
upon my heart.
The way forward
is now obscure –
for the path is overgrown with weeds
looking towards the sun,
do I see a new dawn on the horizon,
a world of promise?
Through blurred eyes -
a mirage unfolds
in the distance.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mirage by Valerie Dohren )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- The Goat (Children's Poem), Ronald Chapman
- ONE'S LIFE SHARE IN LIFE نصيب الواحد في .., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Mystery of poem, gajanan mishra
- Dramatization, Kewayne Wadley
- The Maddening Dance, Tony Adah
- Alternative Prayer, Phil Soar
- I appear, gajanan mishra
- Young Wife's Longing, Paul Sebastian
- Ants Crawling, Naveed Akram
- applying online, lee fones