Milestones Pt. II
...My memories will not quit...
I live in a world of misery.
My clothes are drenched in my own blood and tears.
My breath is very cold...
...I feel like the Old Dragon, all alone and the last...
My soul is tired.
My mind is adapting.
My body is enduring...
...I am living off an empty promise...
I have caused so much pain.
But even some good.
I have burned all my bridges.
And am walking across this last one...
...The words are still there...
I am gonna walk this path alone.
But it is open for any to tag along.
This path has been walked for so long...
...Running my fingers over the words...
I have many questions.
With few answers...
This hall is very long.
Reminiscent of what I have done...
...I stand looking down the hall...
Morgan Siegel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Milestones Pt. II by Morgan Siegel )
- The Sadness Of This World, Edward Kofi Louis
- I Could Be Out In The Rain, Vigna Mukund
- Equations: Friend Or Enemy, Guess Who
- Waiting for Dawn, Somanathan Iyer
- Confidence, Somanathan Iyer
- Doodling Without Purpose, Margaret Alice Second
- Nine persons are exempted from the disci.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Why like this?, Somanathan Iyer
- Humans we are!, Somanathan Iyer
- Summer, Naveed Khalid