Milestones Pt. II
...My memories will not quit...
I live in a world of misery.
My clothes are drenched in my own blood and tears.
My breath is very cold...
...I feel like the Old Dragon, all alone and the last...
My soul is tired.
My mind is adapting.
My body is enduring...
...I am living off an empty promise...
I have caused so much pain.
But even some good.
I have burned all my bridges.
And am walking across this last one...
...The words are still there...
I am gonna walk this path alone.
But it is open for any to tag along.
This path has been walked for so long...
...Running my fingers over the words...
I have many questions.
With few answers...
This hall is very long.
Reminiscent of what I have done...
...I stand looking down the hall...
Morgan Siegel's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Milestones Pt. II by Morgan Siegel )
- Science and Religion, SANDIP GOSWAMI
- ............. Traveling To Meet Minor In.., Is It Poetry
- So Much More, Sandra Feldman
- 157. An Ex's Word Is Easily Broken, John Westlake
- Kiss Me, Adriana Avilaa
- She Knew it was Irrational, Jacqueline Nash
- pass the offering plate, Mandolyn ...
- If Your Reflection Could Kill, Russell Nero
- The blues, blaz zigon
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
Poem of the Day
- Autumn, Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Tiger, William Blake
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Alexander Sergeyevich Pushkin
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)