Midnight at Green Hedges
It’s midnight at Green Hedges.
Next door, someone (the neighbor)
Is doing physio exercises
And can’t get to sleep.
Across the road,
Someone is delivering mail.
The postman sure has a very weird schedule.
And down the street
Is a drugged up woman.
She’s running crazily,
Flailing her arms about, shouting:
“I WANT MORE HEROIN! ! ! ”
She sure does.
She sure does.
Andrew Hamm's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Midnight at Green Hedges by Andrew Hamm )
- Even with enough, hasmukh amathalal
- INTERACTION, Satish Verma
- Kidnap, Bhaskar Rabha
- Oblivion, Regina Andrea Sanico
- Senyru '. Pitch ', miken newman
- Am I Meant For Love?, Aanuoluwa Adebanjo
- All Is Guilty, Okoemu Barnabas
- A Penny-Pincher's Lesson, Jeff Smith
- Our dark hearts قلوبنا المظلمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Solitary Fountain, Md. Ziaul Haque
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns