Metamorphosis of a Dream
Hiding behind pained, strained silence, timid
Naive and untried, she cried in her pillow, lost hope
Between the per-functionary Our Father’s and Amens.
The music played long, sadly-sweet and forlorn.
The violin had its way, not unlike her own blue moans~
Questioning what might have been, what still could be.
Singing her song in silence, one wrought from want,
Her need rang out, distinctly crystal-clear. In dreams
She journeyed across the seven seas to exotic lands.
Timidity lost its way in and amongst the experience, she
Choosing to surround herself with books, scents, sounds,
Tastes, and vistas, claiming each of them as her own.
Winging her way with perseverance, she found herself
Elevated above her station, and, in the presence of like
Minded peers she began to live her private dreams.
Now, out of the cocoon, she lives a life of satisfaction.
Matured and seasoned, she pens her thoughts
Giving thanks to Our Father with effusive Amens.
Jackie Allen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Metamorphosis of a Dream by Jackie Allen )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
Edna St. Vincent Millay
(22 February 1892 – 19 October 1950)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Time For Healing and Time to Love, Almedia Knight Oliver
- Merry-Christmas, gajanan mishra
- The best of surrenders, A. Jayaprakash Jayaprakash P ..
- This world is yours, gajanan mishra
- Wrapped Around Your Finger, Amber Carr
- With full freedom, hasmukh amathalal
- તે જ જોવાનું..tej jovaanu, hasmukh amathalal
- Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- The Sounds, Vera Sidhwa
- Absence, Neela Nath