Messed Up Munchkin
Hello Operator can you please direct me to the Yellow Brook Road?
I seemed to have lost my sanity somewhere on the path....
And now funny people dressed in white coats are rip roaring down the streets...
Chasing after me....
I just know they are coming....they are coming Operator
To take me away today! ! !
To some sorta farm....where pink elephants prance around the room
And big, giant purple dinosoars sing of dysfunctional familes,
And they LOVE ME.....there really LOVE Me there! !
Hehe...HaHa...there on the farm,
The funny farm of love...
White coats and I got a new jacket
It has many strings and warps around me, protecting me from...
Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum
Smokin' weed and drinkin rum,
Alice as a Bunny hop, over there in that shop...
Bert and Ernie cannot wait for the next school bus
As they are late....late...
Cause it's too late baby now, it's too late
Though we really did try to make it to silent Knights in white satan,
Never reaching...never reaching....busted up Knights,
Broken paper bag Princesses.
And it's all ok...really it is
On the farm...that funny farm with pink elephants...
Because they're coming.....for you next...
...................... ................................Cambridge Keenan July 2013
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Messed Up Munchkin by Cambridge Keenan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
Poem of the Day
- The Shadows of the dead., SAK Reddy
- A Fool Hides, Matthew Petranovich
- December 2014, Serenity Anderson
- On the outside looking In, Angell Afinowi
- Totally Connected, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Caged Bird, SAK Reddy
- A Deafness Too Excessive, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Generals Of War., Tony Adah
- Advice, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Out Of Hearing Distance, Lawrence S. Pertillar