Message Not in a Bottle
The wind brought your message,
To my window sill,
As I picked up the leaf,
With more messages still.
I gazed at it intricacies,
I wondered what it was about.
The leaf sang my praise instead,
That I was pretty and smart no doubt.
Now how did that leaf,
Endowed with so much knowledge,
Have the courage,
To sit on a stranger's window sill,
And give out such a message.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Message Not in a Bottle by Vera Sidhwa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Rasta bhoole nahi thhe, ANJALI KAKATI
- Without Purpose Or Reason Affixed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Baobab Tree, I Am Krakatoa
- Game of chance, Aftab Alam
- 'Tween Love and Hatred,, Aftab Alam
- Life alright, hasmukh amathalal
- A Child Is Like A Flowering Rose, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Only one...1, hasmukh amathalal
- Caring For A Lonely Heart, Joseph T. Renaldi
- Play Any Tune, Neela Nath