Message Not in a Bottle
The wind brought your message,
To my window sill,
As I picked up the leaf,
With more messages still.
I gazed at it intricacies,
I wondered what it was about.
The leaf sang my praise instead,
That I was pretty and smart no doubt.
Now how did that leaf,
Endowed with so much knowledge,
Have the courage,
To sit on a stranger's window sill,
And give out such a message.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Message Not in a Bottle by Vera Sidhwa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Walk with a child, gajanan mishra
- leave something for reason, Manonton Dalan
- Dear Life! I'm not mad at you, Piyush Dey
- give me love in a ditch, as long as it's.., Mandolyn ...
- Haiku: 'Schrodinger's Cat' pontificates .., Brian Johnston
- Child - symbol of, gajanan mishra
- नोँ दागाबसै आयै, Bahadur Basumatary
- Eyes speak, hasmukh amathalal
- My First Laptop, Richard Flappa
- pop prose that turns to poo, Mandolyn ...