Message From the Ageless
I was talking to a man
Who said he knew nothing
About Jesus love.
He said all he actually knew
Is that God had sent Him from above.
He said he never knew Him
He just lived from day to day
He knew God was in heaven
But he tried to live
To stay out of His way.
He said he use to drink
He said that he did drugs
And was never faithful to his wife
But he said in his heart
She was all he ever loved.
Nevertheless as he kept on living
In his own willful way
He would think more about the Lord
And if his withering soul
Could possibly one day be saved.
So he went to church one Sunday
As he thought a good Christian should
And that's when he stood and testified
That in his life
He'd been no good.
But he quietly did admit
That God had saved him from his sins
And he promised never to go backwards
He felt he didn't mind
For he'd lost most all his friends.
He said that God had saved him
And it wasn't just a phase
He said that God had did it
And he didn't have to ask
It came with what God called 'Age'.
Cecelia Weir's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Message From the Ageless by Cecelia Weir )
- Love Me, Love Me, You Just Love Me, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The sweetest song, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Be logic., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Loving Me, Leave Me Not, Desert You Not,.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- L'amour est un Triste Caméléon, Hebert Logerie
- स्वप्न, dhirajkumar taksande
- <<< আমি বাংলার পাতি মাষ্টার, Abdul Wahab
- Lost homes, hasmukh amathalal
- A Tiny Island, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Kind Of Poetry., Darlene Walsh
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(18 November 1939)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns