While the thawing of the mountain are turned into a valley.
The soft undulation of the flowing water, shape the terrain & feed the river.
Invigorating roots of domain spirit.
Sunrise and sunset are battled for supremacy on a portrays of fiery rays and rings, creating cylinder seals of flaming mountain views.
The ember from the fire, between the river are burning straws & reeds of enjoyable flavour,
Shape & dimension of heated metal, decapitated antelope fawns & pluck.
Glimpse of monster, Bull man tale, fears creature of the mountains,
Bitter tears of willow trees, slew the rivers.
The conquerors of the stolen land, observe the heavens and ship the river of wondrous land and fierce beast, with Wooden vessel of mounds and dirt, reaching the Sea house on the Heaven-Earth.
Fertile crescent, power and glory of buried ruins,
Lyres of ancient tale & artefacts of spiritual forebears, revealing, veiled crumbling mosaic.
Forces were rising.
Cradle of civilization, Lugal's dynasty, composition of languages,
Poems of lamentation, myths omitted.
Sumerian. Assyrian, Babylonian, Hurrians, Hittites and Canaanite.
"From the epic of Gilgamesh"
Life, which you look for, you will never find.
For when the gods created man, they let death be his share,
And with held life in their own hands
Fill your belly
Day and night make merry.
Let the day be full of joy
Dance & make music day and night.
And wear fresh clothes
and wash your head and bathe.
Look at the child, that is holding your hand
and let your wife delight in your embrace
these things alone are the concern of man.
Luca Menin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (mesopotamia by Luca Menin )
- A lovely even for the stars of respect., Raymond Sawyer
- Silence Passed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I am thankful for my children Ethan, and.., Sagrario Garcia
- The universe is conspiring in our favor, Sagrario Garcia
- A Disagreement, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- O Death Oh Loser, Adeosun Olamide
- How Many Things Are Still Left (The End .., Stephen Warren Williams
- Will I With It Sit, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- groundnut seller, umoh cyril
- imoremi, umoh cyril
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)