Mere Mention of Your Name, love poems
I am troubled by my feelings
that defy all common sense
that breathes in your warming beauty
and fulfills each labored breath.
My emotions deep, dismaying
madness stokes a hidden flame
burning blood red silent anguish
merely mentioning your name.
I am plundered without reason
not a shilling of respect
recounting dreams of moistened lips
mapping contours of your neck.
Candid youthful turbid movements
arms be-speckled in the haze
I am lost within your charming
garden hedge rows in a maze.
Mesmerize me with your shadow,
drape my heart with languid song,
dance with me sweet lonely shadow
trailing light shade growing long.
Mystify me with your essence,
confound me with your ways
from the insight of your spirit
predetermining my days.
Incantations, tonal whispers
hold me spellbound with your tongue
chaliced love that pours and fills me
exhalations from your lungs.
Ride with me on wings of songbirds;
rise with me on hymns of praise,
fly with me on gentle currents,
fly with me, lets fly away.
I'm enslaved by girlish laughter
turbulence that breaks apart
ransacked then pieced together
ensnares, denudes my heart.
I am saying that I love you,
though our circumstance insane.
I am saying that I love
the mere mention of your name.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mere Mention of Your Name, love poems by Captain Cur )
Did you read them?
- गोजाननि खौरां, Ronjoy Brahma
- Let us believe, hasmukh amathalal
- Christmas Again, Katherine Nordhaus
- Money, Katherine Nordhaus
- Older, Frank Avon
- A question to seasons, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Languid leman, Melikhaya Zagagana
- Tweet-tweet! I Visited a Hamlet with a G.., Harindhar Reddy
- PURITY OF SNOW., Terry Collett
- What If You Had No Beliefs? NONE!, Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Li Ching Chao
(1084 - 1151)
- Heather Burns