Mere Mention of Your Name, love poems
I am troubled by my feelings
that defy all common sense
that breathes in your warming beauty
and fulfills each labored breath.
My emotions deep, dismaying
madness stokes a hidden flame
burning blood red silent anguish
merely mentioning your name.
I am plundered without reason
not a shilling of respect
recounting dreams of moistened lips
mapping contours of your neck.
Candid youthful turbid movements
arms be-speckled in the haze
I am lost within your charming
garden hedge rows in a maze.
Mesmerize me with your shadow,
drape my heart with languid song,
dance with me sweet lonely shadow
trailing light shade growing long.
Mystify me with your essence,
confound me with your ways
from the insight of your spirit
predetermining my days.
Incantations, tonal whispers
hold me spellbound with your tongue
chaliced love that pours and fills me
exhalations from your lungs.
Ride with me on wings of songbirds;
rise with me on hymns of praise,
fly with me on gentle currents,
fly with me, lets fly away.
I'm enslaved by girlish laughter
turbulence that breaks apart
ransacked then pieced together
ensnares, denudes my heart.
I am saying that I love you,
though our circumstance insane.
I am saying that I love
the mere mention of your name.
Captain Cur's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Mere Mention of Your Name, love poems by Captain Cur )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Music, Life's Soundtrack (Quatrains), Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Love Note 16, Michael P. McParland
- Change, David Lessard
- ENVY DEFINED, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Oh My Dear, Michael P. McParland
- The actor and the witness, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Possessive of God, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- The forbidden ritual, Mark Heathcote
- WHEN ON ME THEY CANNOT FEED, Cynthia BuhainBaello
- Fragility, Akhtar Jawad