As you gaze in my eyes, i wonder if you know what lies inside.The darkness behind my eyes, i no longer can descise.
I look in the mirror and only see green eyes staring back at me.
The confusion is real, numbness i feel.
Crazy is the word i like to use, it won't leave me alone it wants to abuse.
Death surrounds me everyday.A feeling i can't shake or runaway.
If i could be right for just one day, i would thank god and begin to pray.
The depts of my thoughts are too much to bear, in life i don't even care.
All i want is happiness, to become free of all this loneliness.
Where do i go to become free, free of this burden that lives inside me.
Mental haze go away, leave me alone, give me a bright sunny day.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (mental haze by Toni Frye )
- Acceptance, Barbara Dixion
- The Pendulum of Life, bryan wallace
- Sentiments Of Love, Louis Borgo
- Forever Free, courtney metcalf
- Rage Against the Machine, Amber Hardisty
- Out, Barbara Dixion
- Raindrop Ambitions, Ailill Ailill
- Child the Blossoming Bud, Kumarmani Mahakul
- fun, douglas scotney
- To the Morning Star, Ailill Ailill
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1927)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)