As you gaze in my eyes, i wonder if you know what lies inside.The darkness behind my eyes, i no longer can descise.
I look in the mirror and only see green eyes staring back at me.
The confusion is real, numbness i feel.
Crazy is the word i like to use, it won't leave me alone it wants to abuse.
Death surrounds me everyday.A feeling i can't shake or runaway.
If i could be right for just one day, i would thank god and begin to pray.
The depts of my thoughts are too much to bear, in life i don't even care.
All i want is happiness, to become free of all this loneliness.
Where do i go to become free, free of this burden that lives inside me.
Mental haze go away, leave me alone, give me a bright sunny day.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (mental haze by Toni Frye )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
- Mark Strand
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Breaking Free, Michael P. McParland
- Brand New Start, Michael P. McParland
- Bipolar Type 1, Michael P. McParland
- Bipolar, Michael P. McParland
- An Interior Waltz, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Better, Michael P. McParland
- Believe It Or Not, Michael P. McParland
- Bedtime Sweet Lady, Michael P. McParland
- PH: Echo: Bifurcated Brian, Brian Johnston
- Another Soul, Ronald Chapman