Memories With A Friend
Remember back in May when it seemed
the days were too short
and the hours were just a haze?
I can tell you exactly how it all started -
how we came to be the very best of friends
because you tied up my endless loose ends.
It was a late summer night,
and I greeted everyone so kindly at the party
and when I said hello to you
you liked my generosity
and asked if I was always this nice to everyone.
I invited you for dinner the very next day
We talked for hours and hours on end
without even touching the filet.
What a waste of fine wine it may have seemed
but it doesn't matter.
Now I drink that wine
to help me forget about how melancholy
and unhappy I am about the latter.
It was only a few months
before everything spiralled out of control
You wanted to help me with my misery
yet I couldn't be mended; I was too dull.
I'll always thank you for everything you've done
because if it weren't for you I don't know where I'd be
and yeah this is too cliche but it's the truth
I just wanted you to know that.
Unintelligible Susurration's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Memories With A Friend by Unintelligible Susurration )
- Festival Of Light, Amitava Sur
- YouTube and Phalloplasty, Jeff Gangwer
- Journey, Dave Cadaqu
- Brad Pitt / Brad Dourif, Jeff Gangwer
- History / Your Dust, Jeff Gangwer
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
- Your Ghost Doesn't Haunt This Room, Jeff Gangwer
- She Wore Poison on Her Neck, Jeff Gangwer
- Yes or No?, Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)