Memories With A Friend
Remember back in May when it seemed
the days were too short
and the hours were just a haze?
I can tell you exactly how it all started -
how we came to be the very best of friends
because you tied up my endless loose ends.
It was a late summer night,
and I greeted everyone so kindly at the party
and when I said hello to you
you liked my generosity
and asked if I was always this nice to everyone.
I invited you for dinner the very next day
We talked for hours and hours on end
without even touching the filet.
What a waste of fine wine it may have seemed
but it doesn't matter.
Now I drink that wine
to help me forget about how melancholy
and unhappy I am about the latter.
It was only a few months
before everything spiralled out of control
You wanted to help me with my misery
yet I couldn't be mended; I was too dull.
I'll always thank you for everything you've done
because if it weren't for you I don't know where I'd be
and yeah this is too cliche but it's the truth
I just wanted you to know that.
Unintelligible Susurration's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Memories With A Friend by Unintelligible Susurration )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- diMinNuTiVe, sEaN nOrTh
- I Am A Boat, Paul Gerard Reed
- Peace#01, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- hav em kill - BIG Chief di$bEliEf, sEaN nOrTh
- We Ate Beans., Tony Adah
- Letting Go, favour ugwumba
- Paw, saw, raw, law!, Edward Kofi Louis
- नोँखौ मोजां मोन्नायल' नङा, Ronjoy Brahma
- - Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.
- Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.