Memories With A Friend
Remember back in May when it seemed
the days were too short
and the hours were just a haze?
I can tell you exactly how it all started -
how we came to be the very best of friends
because you tied up my endless loose ends.
It was a late summer night,
and I greeted everyone so kindly at the party
and when I said hello to you
you liked my generosity
and asked if I was always this nice to everyone.
I invited you for dinner the very next day
We talked for hours and hours on end
without even touching the filet.
What a waste of fine wine it may have seemed
but it doesn't matter.
Now I drink that wine
to help me forget about how melancholy
and unhappy I am about the latter.
It was only a few months
before everything spiralled out of control
You wanted to help me with my misery
yet I couldn't be mended; I was too dull.
I'll always thank you for everything you've done
because if it weren't for you I don't know where I'd be
and yeah this is too cliche but it's the truth
I just wanted you to know that.
Unintelligible Susurration's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Memories With A Friend by Unintelligible Susurration )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper
- Birds, Tony Adah
- come, come to the light, let us all bathe., RIC S. BASTASA
- dignity finally comes in the form of a r.., RIC S. BASTASA
- to live in the kingdom of the clouds, RIC S. BASTASA
- but always remember no one owns it, RIC S. BASTASA
- Diaris Godoooo!, Rex mayor Ubini
- THE OLD MAN HAS FOUND TRUE LOVE AGAIN, RIC S. BASTASA