Memories With A Friend
Remember back in May when it seemed
the days were too short
and the hours were just a haze?
I can tell you exactly how it all started -
how we came to be the very best of friends
because you tied up my endless loose ends.
It was a late summer night,
and I greeted everyone so kindly at the party
and when I said hello to you
you liked my generosity
and asked if I was always this nice to everyone.
I invited you for dinner the very next day
We talked for hours and hours on end
without even touching the filet.
What a waste of fine wine it may have seemed
but it doesn't matter.
Now I drink that wine
to help me forget about how melancholy
and unhappy I am about the latter.
It was only a few months
before everything spiralled out of control
You wanted to help me with my misery
yet I couldn't be mended; I was too dull.
I'll always thank you for everything you've done
because if it weren't for you I don't know where I'd be
and yeah this is too cliche but it's the truth
I just wanted you to know that.
Unintelligible Susurration's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Memories With A Friend by Unintelligible Susurration )
- Black Thursday, Barry Jablonski
- ... MY FIGHT FOR LIFE..., Ken e Hall
- Show life, hasmukh amathalal
- Life, Soul Watcher
- Song of Myself, LII, Walt Whitman
- Bharatheeyakavitha-3, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Childhood is the Kingdom Where Nobody Dies, Edna St. Vincent Millay
- Gone From My Sight, Henry Van Dyke
- When I Die, Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
- A LONG NIGHT, Satish Verma
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Mid-Term Break, Seamus Heaney
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The British, Benjamin Zephaniah
- "Hope" is the thing with feathers, Emily Dickinson
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)