amber maria moon
Memories Of The Waves
Took my sleepy hand and dragged me down,
To the sea, below the sound and the rush,
If you did, it was a good plan,
Better than my own.
And, did you guess that you'd take back the nice things that were said
Replace them, with horrific things you did.
Cold pulse. burning breath.
I never saw your face, through the mask,
all the recognition from
When you looked in the mirror and noticed it gone.
Innocence and sweet incomprehension,
Covered now with fiery snow, blood
Flakes of skin peeling.
like a heart
Pricked with white.
Veiled with memories of stone, in heads strong sight.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem is meant to be about drowning, although its not really clear. hope you liked it. i wrote this a very long time ago, i know it's far from perfect. drowning is probably one of the worst ways i would wish to die, but i still fell theres something about it that i find intriguing.
Comments about this poem (Memories Of The Waves by amber maria moon )
- Let's Live in Peace, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Dry My Tears, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Valley of an autumn's night, Raluca Mitra
- The stars that touch a rose is the star.., Raymond Sawyer
- *Halloween Stroll, Alice Vedral Rivera
- चाँद रात में सैर, Rajnish Manga
- Oil In White Robe, Okoemu Barnabas
- I Could Have Loved You, Sandra Feldman
- I Don't Feel Like A Poet Today, Buxton Shippy
- A weirdo, Amgad Samy
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Unity is Strength, S.D. TIWARI
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Wait, Galway Kinnell
(1 February 1927)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)