Sitting on the fence of memories
I saw them passing by....
One stood awhile and made me smile
While the other waved a 'hi'....
Some pricked a tear, a few embalmed a fear
That one rushed to me....
And flushed a blush!
This one I swallowed...
Another choked me!
One at the dead end
While passing by....
placed a casket in my palm
'We are your memories..
We are here, never to say GOOD-BYE! ! ! ! ! ! ! '
Humera Sultana's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Memories by Humera Sultana )
- Quail, Kumarmani Mahakul
- Do Not Say It That British Literature Is.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- In Search of Hercule Poirot, Deborah Eker
- Modern Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- READ, READ, READ THE BOOK, Michael P. Johnson
- Different images in life, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Are you really?, Maxim Pokalyuhin
- The pain and pricks., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- The maiden poem...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Loves silent vigil, Erato
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edwin Arlington Robinson
(22 December 1869 – 6 April 1935)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)