Sitting on the fence of memories
I saw them passing by....
One stood awhile and made me smile
While the other waved a 'hi'....
Some pricked a tear, a few embalmed a fear
That one rushed to me....
And flushed a blush!
This one I swallowed...
Another choked me!
One at the dead end
While passing by....
placed a casket in my palm
'We are your memories..
We are here, never to say GOOD-BYE! ! ! ! ! ! ! '
Humera Sultana's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Memories by Humera Sultana )
- Rediscover, gajanan mishra
- Over Time, Fatima Nusairat
- Truth is that, gajanan mishra
- FUCHSIA, Aminath Neena
- love is an 8 ball- it is decidedly so, Mandolyn ...
- Rising of a New Day Through Shine, Rohit Sapra
- Sad Cloud, ramesh rai
- I am carnival, Havilah
- Creative Musical Juces, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Finally Found Our Home, Michael McParland
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dirge, Ralph Waldo Emerson
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)