Jerry Behr Number 2
With Australia there are some misgivings,
mostly in the areas of economics which over the past
decades has changed somewhat.
No more is there tariff protection for our manufacturing industries,
which as a result fell to pieces under the weight of free trade.
Australia must import everything that is seen, touched, smelt,
or looked at or driven, we are not allowed to have a car industry.
For me I need Australia for my health, because I am a lame man.
I looked at the news from America and how the Americans are
struggling with Polar Vortices crippling their country with snow and ice.
At least here in Australia I can hobble around with my crutches all year round
and not be imprisoned in my home for untold weeks or months as in America.
I told my eldest son Steven since Australia is manufacturing nothing
the only jobs left is being a storeman and don’t forget Australia is now
one big warehouse.
Australia must import everything from China who seemed to have
misnomer conquered the economic world.
Australia exports all her raw materials to China a country with uncontrollable
debt problems which could spark another economic melt down.
Including melting Australia.
Jerry Behr Number 2's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Meltdown by Jerry Behr Number 2 )
- Hindi Haiku (61-65) हाइकू मंगल, S.D. TIWARI
- A Poet, Angela K Brown
- Let us dream, hasmukh amathalal
- Iron Gates, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Mental Illness, Angela K Brown
- The Unknown Person, Angela K Brown
- Austere Offices, Angela K Brown
- Grandma's Hands, Angela K Brown
- For the Colored Girl, Angela K Brown
- Dark Skin, Angela K Brown
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Morning, Paul Laurence Dunbar
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
- Heather Burns