Jerry Behr Number 2
With Australia there are some misgivings,
mostly in the areas of economics which over the past
decades has changed somewhat.
No more is there tariff protection for our manufacturing industries,
which as a result fell to pieces under the weight of free trade.
Australia must import everything that is seen, touched, smelt,
or looked at or driven, we are not allowed to have a car industry.
For me I need Australia for my health, because I am a lame man.
I looked at the news from America and how the Americans are
struggling with Polar Vortices crippling their country with snow and ice.
At least here in Australia I can hobble around with my crutches all year round
and not be imprisoned in my home for untold weeks or months as in America.
I told my eldest son Steven since Australia is manufacturing nothing
the only jobs left is being a storeman and don’t forget Australia is now
one big warehouse.
Australia must import everything from China who seemed to have
misnomer conquered the economic world.
Australia exports all her raw materials to China a country with uncontrollable
debt problems which could spark another economic melt down.
Including melting Australia.
Jerry Behr Number 2's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Meltdown by Jerry Behr Number 2 )
- The source of our pains and our sufferin.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The source of our pains and our pains an.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Comfort Of Our Dreams, David Harris
- Intellectual Designs, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Cold Night In Silence, Lilly Emery
- Knit in Infinity, Lisa Bertsch
- In Silence, Lilly Emery
- the missing truth, asma writer
- Earth tones of Arizona, David Lessard
- You're My Favorite Fix, Lilly Emery