Medical Aid In Dying...
“Assisted suicide, ” has to change to “medical aid in dying.”
The Ottawa establishment doesn’t like what we are trying,
Our Supreme Court told Sue Rodriguez with Lou Gehrig’s disease “No.”
She couldn’t die in dignity and Canadians have to kowtow.
Death with dignity is banned but not abortion clinics,
This arrangement and dead babies, might cause you to be a cynic,
You have to obey the law though you too might die in extreme pain,
You have no input and you have no political campaign.
Our politicians and appointees tend to hide from this subject,
It’s immaterial that the end of your life could be such a wreck,
They do what their political party tells to do and think,
We are merely numbers with a missing political link.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Medical Aid In Dying... by James Bredin )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- Ballade [The goat scratches so much it c.., François Villon
- Love Note 6, Michael P. McParland
- Sending Words about Overnight in Fishing.., Luo Zhihai
- Give me 'all of you', Juwon Daniel
- Leprosy eradication., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Beyond The Dotted Lines, Asma Riaz Khan
- if I die young, Juwon Daniel
- Story of snow., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- She Wanted, Spiritwind Wood
- When love was born, Lehlohonolo Selai