Medical Aid In Dying...
“Assisted suicide, ” has to change to “medical aid in dying.”
The Ottawa establishment doesn’t like what we are trying,
Our Supreme Court told Sue Rodriguez with Lou Gehrig’s disease “No.”
She couldn’t die in dignity and Canadians have to kowtow.
Death with dignity is banned but not abortion clinics,
This arrangement and dead babies, might cause you to be a cynic,
You have to obey the law though you too might die in extreme pain,
You have no input and you have no political campaign.
Our politicians and appointees tend to hide from this subject,
It’s immaterial that the end of your life could be such a wreck,
They do what their political party tells to do and think,
We are merely numbers with a missing political link.
James Bredin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Medical Aid In Dying... by James Bredin )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- P08222014, Andy Caldwell
- Simple Thought, Tim Holmes Jr
- A Glowing Angel, Rohit Sapra
- Fire Balls, Alem Hailu Gabre Kristos
- AL-KATTAB (A PLACE USED TO BE AN ALTERNA.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I lack true knowledge, gajanan mishra
- THE INEVITABLE DEATH, AMADU KAMARA
- I failed to, gajanan mishra
- essay # i'll never know, gordon nosworthy
- I See The Sun, Pijush Biswas