Lawrence S. Pertillar
As vibrant, vivid...
And as tremendous as they appear.
Your strut that is peacocked...
Seem to be with measured feathers,
And not as natural as you wish us to believe.
You dared me to mention this.
Naturally I paid no attention,
To the attention given.
Since your curiosity,
Has obvious Murdered your cat!
I will say this to 'that'.
It is in the strutting done!
And I've learned that for a fact.
Although I will admit,
To using a bit of dye with stencil applied.
Adding to the appeal of my appearance.'
Your arrogance is quite disgusting!
'I wish I could share with you,
The hours I spent...
Hoping to get that re-action!
Thank you so much for vocalizing it.
The others just whisper.
And you have no idea how nerve wracking that can be.
I am here to flaunt and earn controversy.'
I thank you! '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Measured Feathers by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(19 January 1919 - 10 May 2002)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- An Almost Made Up Poem, Charles Bukowski
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Your Laughter, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
Poem of the Day
- Letting Imagination Run, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A river, Leong Ming Loong
- The End of the Road, Sandra Feldman
- Silent Conversation, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Serenity Is Placed, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Shards Of Emotion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- WHAT IF CHRIST WAS NOT, Michael P. Johnson
- Another Conquest, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Fraction Of A Moment, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Will this swing ever stop?, Desikan Srinivasan