Lawrence S. Pertillar
As vibrant, vivid...
And as tremendous as they appear.
Your strut that is peacocked...
Seem to be with measured feathers,
And not as natural as you wish us to believe.
You dared me to mention this.
Naturally I paid no attention,
To the attention given.
Since your curiosity,
Has obvious Murdered your cat!
I will say this to 'that'.
It is in the strutting done!
And I've learned that for a fact.
Although I will admit,
To using a bit of dye with stencil applied.
Adding to the appeal of my appearance.'
Your arrogance is quite disgusting!
'I wish I could share with you,
The hours I spent...
Hoping to get that re-action!
Thank you so much for vocalizing it.
The others just whisper.
And you have no idea how nerve wracking that can be.
I am here to flaunt and earn controversy.'
I thank you! '
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Measured Feathers by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Leah Is Safe, Heather Burns
- Everyday Is Poetry, Abekah Emmanuel
- Run little boy, Noorjehan Khan
- Phone Line Died, Michael McParland
- Athena's ire, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- A Challenge, Afshan Fatima
- Renaissance, LALITHA JOSEPH
- Picture Puzzle, Heather Burns
- Is a woman free really?, gajanan mishra
- Midnight Blue, Heather Burns
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Anthropomorphism, Lenore Lee
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)