Lawrence S. Pertillar (February/'47 / Connecticut, USA)
Meant To Live
Does it seem as obvious as it is,
That the ones unafraid to take risks...
Have faced challenges and experiences,
To mature from them and benefit.
And not succumb to doubts and fears presented.
While those living lives undecided,
Have become accustomed to hiding...
Behind a host of excuses and alibis to deny,
Life is given and meant to live.
And not to become seduced by re-adjusted limits.
Poet Other Poems
- ' The Freed of Getting Frisked at Your R...
- $10 a Gallon?
- $5 a Barrel of What?
- (Further Away) From The Year Two Thousan...
- (The) Benefit of Needless Conflict
- (The) Acceptance of a Nothingness
- (The) Bigger Lie
- (The) Depthness of This Kind of Introsp...
- (The) Fate of Fatal Lovers
- (The) Budding Grace of April
- ...and 'now' I lay me down to sleep
- '...I feel like I've been robbed! '
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (~62~ by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
People who read Lawrence S. Pertillar also read
Top 500 Poems
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley