Waltz For Zizi
Me, Without The Mask
Clinging to your heart, as a child to a breast,
taking my dreams from your pillow, for mine had none,
did it really happen?
To have you in my poems, for so many months,
days and nights,
was like drinking a bottle of dreams
I hoped to never run out.
Born from my pen, coloured with it's blue ink
you, the girl who's always smiling to me,
I think I'm in love with you,
woman shaped fantasy.
I really do love you,
and all the pieces of my heart
though they are not made of gold
I'd let you have your way with them
if only tonight, when I'll lay my head on my pillow
you'd be there, to place your hand in mine,
to bear my kisses on your lips
and my arms embrace,
to let my fingers wander, anxiously through your hair
and my kisses on your skin,
to let my heart, tightly wrap around your finger
like a ring.
This is how the world changes, into my heart,
this is how my dreams are molded, by the shape of your lips
for this feeling, this love you've painted on my skin,
will not be washed away, by the world
and within my pity verses,
even your voice,
will always be present
to give me a reason to write.
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Me, Without The Mask by Waltz For Zizi )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Guard well, gajanan mishra
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.
- Do, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Cinders of Life, Tim Labbe
- Aiy Mere Khuda Aiy Mere Khuda, Akhtar Jawad
- State of being, Ravikumar C.P.
- Flight, S.Michael Kozubek
- Undoubtedly something has gone wrong, Ravikumar C.P.