Me and Comrade
At some time in past, pacing dispersed deliberation fine,
I met accidently childhood a mate close to mine;
Yet, he is not mendicant, stiff replete,
Become visible altogether equally, drew sight;
'Hastily reach somewhere I', was my only answer - ignite,
If no symphony exists in human race, matter excite.
Soon the spirit stirred to delineate -
Many eyes were fixed at me and comrade.
He too is man of dignity and pride
Well learnt, self-reliant, vigorous and gratified;
Little his fanatic and freak made him waif
And confirm not an ideal of living safe.
Astonishingly perk, perhaps, he concluded actual existence,
Sneer with splashing note on my strange performance:
Set uncombed hair posting both hands thereon
Marched towards destination unsettled in gloomy way-worn.
It is gesture tells standard all of us.
In as for as, society co-operate with a loquacious
Hugged not poor and deserving due to hesitate,
Victorious appreciated beyond measure those ne'er violate,
Turn round the cycle pursuing principles certain we feel,
Ready not to deny, ostensible reserved in our deal
An artless enquiry knock but in vain
Just digest, can landscape bloom without rain?
Ravindra Kumar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Me and Comrade by Ravindra Kumar )
- Memories, anthony john cerrito, sr.
- The Sea, Somasekar Sivaprakash
- Gods Revenge, Tango Tango
- 'Valerie', Katherine Nordhaus
- 'Charlie Girl', Katherine Nordhaus
- Madrigal Dedicated To An Angel., Marcondes Pereira
- Halloween, lee fones
- Canned thoughts, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Aunt Giovanna, at 80, Gary Corseri
- For To be An Indian English Poet, You St.., Bijay Kant Dubey
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fern Hill, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Ithaca, Constantine P. Cavafy
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Tarantella, Hilaire Belloc
- If, Rudyard Kipling
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Francis Duggan