Ace Of Black Hearts
Maybe I'm Just A Lost Soul
Nothing personally, but I'm one of those people that thinks it is not god that needs my kind words, or love but other humans.
He gets, my prayer, my faith, my despair.
But to live, I must believe there is something I can do for the people here before anywhere else.
Not in the sky, not in molten lava.
Time is precious and should not blatantly wasted.
If god rejects me for it.
So be it, I will have live with that.
But I will not watch others suffer in pain in vain.
It's a crying shame we have more people that love God then there very own.
A screwed up twisted embrace.
A practice that grinds at my very bones.
My heart aches for so many, so many who are all alone.
No comfort, no solace, no angel without broken wings.
Maybe I have lost my way, or maybe it is you who has traded your love for your faith.
When deaths comes, I will smile and say I did all I could.
He will ask me why I didn't you love god more.
I will say because my fellow man, woman, and child was more important.
He will ask me aren't you afraid burning in hell for all eternity.
I will say most certainly but fear is no reason to abandon humanity no matter the credence or god.
Enough have already have done this.
I will not be another one of religions shameless victims.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Maybe I'm Just A Lost Soul by Ace Of Black Hearts )
- You hold my soul, Amit Radha Krishna Nigam
- Wrong thought process, Emma Connor
- Watching the tide, Tony Adah
- To My Elder Sister in Old Age..., Dr John Celes
- Villanelle: Trust no one even wife/husba.., T (no first name) Wignesan
- Sai Amore (You know honey), Alexander Galbur
- Senyru ' Boil ', miken newman
- Lilian, Cherret Leakey
- Power versus Power, Tony Adah
- Fragment, David McLansky
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Talking Turkeys!, Benjamin Zephaniah
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- America the Beautiful, Katharine Lee Bates
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(15 April 1958)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns