Ace Of Black Hearts
Maybe I'm Just A Lost Soul
Nothing personally, but I'm one of those people that thinks it is not god that needs my kind words, or love but other humans.
He gets, my prayer, my faith, my despair.
But to live, I must believe there is something I can do for the people here before anywhere else.
Not in the sky, not in molten lava.
Time is precious and should not blatantly wasted.
If god rejects me for it.
So be it, I will have live with that.
But I will not watch others suffer in pain in vain.
It's a crying shame we have more people that love God then there very own.
A screwed up twisted embrace.
A practice that grinds at my very bones.
My heart aches for so many, so many who are all alone.
No comfort, no solace, no angel without broken wings.
Maybe I have lost my way, or maybe it is you who has traded your love for your faith.
When deaths comes, I will smile and say I did all I could.
He will ask me why I didn't you love god more.
I will say because my fellow man, woman, and child was more important.
He will ask me aren't you afraid burning in hell for all eternity.
I will say most certainly but fear is no reason to abandon humanity no matter the credence or god.
Enough have already have done this.
I will not be another one of religions shameless victims.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Maybe I'm Just A Lost Soul by Ace Of Black Hearts )
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The Photographer, Ravikumar C.P.
- Tuavatara!, Ravikumar C.P.
- Mystery Caller, Ravikumar C.P.
- Do, my dear, gajanan mishra
- Cinders of Life, Tim Labbe
- Aiy Mere Khuda Aiy Mere Khuda, Akhtar Jawad
- State of being, Ravikumar C.P.
- Flight, S.Michael Kozubek
- Undoubtedly something has gone wrong, Ravikumar C.P.
- Fire brand - Judge, gajanan mishra