Ace Of Black Hearts
Maybe I'm Just A Lost Soul
Nothing personally, but I'm one of those people that thinks it is not god that needs my kind words, or love but other humans.
He gets, my prayer, my faith, my despair.
But to live, I must believe there is something I can do for the people here before anywhere else.
Not in the sky, not in molten lava.
Time is precious and should not blatantly wasted.
If god rejects me for it.
So be it, I will have live with that.
But I will not watch others suffer in pain in vain.
It's a crying shame we have more people that love God then there very own.
A screwed up twisted embrace.
A practice that grinds at my very bones.
My heart aches for so many, so many who are all alone.
No comfort, no solace, no angel without broken wings.
Maybe I have lost my way, or maybe it is you who has traded your love for your faith.
When deaths comes, I will smile and say I did all I could.
He will ask me why I didn't you love god more.
I will say because my fellow man, woman, and child was more important.
He will ask me aren't you afraid burning in hell for all eternity.
I will say most certainly but fear is no reason to abandon humanity no matter the credence or god.
Enough have already have done this.
I will not be another one of religions shameless victims.
Ace Of Black Hearts's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Maybe I'm Just A Lost Soul by Ace Of Black Hearts )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- Address To A Haggis, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Bottle And Friend, Robert Burns
- To A Mouse, Robert Burns
- A Winter Night, Robert Burns
- A Fond Kiss, Robert Burns
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- Anthem For Black Lives To Matter, carol carter
- Animals Need Us, Naveed Akram
- No will, Angell Afinowi
- ak nayi subha, harshit madaan
- a good day to say goodbye, Juwon Daniel
- The Fall, Robert Kane
- THE AWAKENING, Chromium Blues
- Recife Sidewalks, Kim Barney
- Friendship is the desire of soul, love exo
- Brave Women, Shqipe Prence