Maya (translated in English)
Up till now I have lost much and wasted life in idle pursuits.
The grace of Lord Rama has aroused me from sleep.
Awakened now, I shall not allow myself to be victimized by Maya (illusion).
I have gained the grace of the Lord's Name. I shall hold it fast to my bosom and not let it from me for a second.
The beautiful form of the Lord I shall cherish in my mind.
Long has this world mocked me, making me a slave of the senses.
Now I shall have no more of it.
I am now a bee at my Lord's Lotus Feet and shall not allow my mind to leave the enjoyment of their nectar for a moment.
Goswami Tulsidas's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Maya (translated in English) by Goswami Tulsidas )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Your Leader, Michael McParland
- Your Kind Of Guy, Michael McParland
- Your Hate, Michael McParland
- Young, Michael McParland
- You Love Me, Michael McParland
- You Are Truly, Michael McParland
- WOW! ! ! ! !, Michael McParland
- Wilson II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Worthy, Michael McParland
- Withdrawl, Michael McParland