May I Say Goodbye?
There was a girl that I knew, I knew her very well.
She was a strong and beautiful girl, through soul, body and mind.
As much as I knew her, I never thought she knew hell.
She hoped her hell would disappear with time.
But things never changed, she still hid behind her smile.
She never thought someone may be able to help.
And when we asked how she was, she became hostile.
And soon she could not live with herself.
She then thought of ways to end her pain.
Pain to end pain, she became her own bane.
Vile plans began to infect her brain.
Anything she could do to break her rusted chains.
Then the day came, she could no longer endure.
It was time for her to relieve all doubts.
Darkness filled her soul, and corrupted her core.
While love became something she came to be without.
Could it be that she had succumbed to her pain?
And became someone who had given up on hope?
Was the friendship we had something she had feigned?
Did she really reach the end of her rope?
In the end she could not carry out her days.
And she found herself without color in her eyes.
Her soul left her body at such a young age.
And I never had the chance to say my goodbyes.
Devon McElveen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (May I Say Goodbye? by Devon McElveen )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Finger's Moving - A.S.L - Fresh cut dais.., sEaN nOrTh
- COPLA 70 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- The Ragged Men As Ph.D. Guides On Indian.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Fraud Scholar & The Ragged Ph.D. Gui.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Shadow & Raven Haiku, Chenou Liu
- I Will Bake a Cake, Chris Zachariou
- Frosted Torrents, Mishka Allport
- Opinion Vs Opinion, Kyle Schlicher
- Sunlight Crawling, Kyle Schlicher
- Experiment with Flute!, Geetha Jayakumar