May has arrived
without my knowing.
It crept inside
with an invisible cloak
and wore the mask of April.
It is so peculiar
for me to not have noticed.
May is my month,
My mother's month as well.
May means possibilities
I may have a wonderful May day.
I was sure May
would don flowers
blossoming in the plains.
that is not the case.
May still cries
for her flowers.
April did not
cry enough, it seems.
Unintelligible Susurration's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (May by Unintelligible Susurration )
- quotation # 4, saint cynosure ( Ken Bennigh ..
- Thanks For What?, Liliana EL.
- Rosy Wind, Casey Jarrell
- Hate poem, Sahra Hussein
- Recalling, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Clear, dear!, Edward Kofi Louis
- A great continent, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Poetry Doesn't Work That Way, Sambanath Denis
- Serenity, for you I wish, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Verses pour slowly, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)