Dr John Celes
(Matthew 27 v.46)
Uttered by Christ Lord in his throes of death
In minutes last, before his final breath
On cross, a sign of human hopelessness,
Despair that came upon him in excess.
The sufferings were too much for Christ as man
His obeisance stood before his life-span
His Father sent him for a sole purpose –
Redeeming mankind from its rod sans fuss.
It was about three in the afternoon
His death upon the cross would happen soon
Sudden darkness covered the land around
The earth would turn into a sacred ground.
At last, Christ’s human self was wholly clear
His body’s weakness got revealed and fear
He had predicted and foretold all this
The grim reality couldn’t go amiss.
His Father’s clarion call was his mission
Its execution was known by vision
His cup of torment was his and dad’s will
There wasn’t escape meek from cross or Skull-hill.
A sense of abandon took over him
His frame and heart turned weary and eyes dim
Achieved was the aim of his earthly birth
Awaited him, heavenly glory, mirth.
His faith in Father was like a mountain
The crucifixion turned his thirst, fountain
Emmanuel was now in flesh on cross
To save the human race was his one cause.
Dr John Celes's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ((Matthew 27 v.46) by Dr John Celes )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stafford's Cabin, Edwin Arlington Robinson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- A Fairy Song, William Shakespeare
- Death is Nothing at All, Henry Scott Holland
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Invest the present, gajanan mishra
- Free Gaff! !, Damian Murphy
- Blizzards are not snows, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- w0rk ya mAjiK - (Selah (take a moment to.., sEaN nOrTh
- At the End of the Rainbow, Reagan A. Latumbo
- yeah you got all the answers i know - an.., sEaN nOrTh
- Life-death bicycle, gajanan mishra
- Broken Not Forgotten, Melissa Furey
- 2 ReaD A LinE Or 2 - Sh# ThaT they $mOkE.., sEaN nOrTh
- The Past, Sari Mavi