Mathematical Star Signs
A Mass of Aries rams describes a Curl
Potentially connected to a Field
Some Fractal of Mechanics may unfurl
A Calculus of fuzzy-logic yield.
Quadratic Taurus bulls do not Equate
So don't get Knotted arguing the toss
Although with cows they'll gladly permutate
Inverting them with Product makes them Cross.
Most Geminis are tied in Causal Loop
Because their brains are Hypobolic Plot
So if you Add their salad to their soup
It anti-matters them and matters not.
Cancerians love Cartographic law
Their kind presents a Strange Attractor risk
But should their Bifurcations start to bore
They make delicious Metamathic bisque.
The Cumulative Frequency of Leos
Thrice multiplies their skill at Quantum Jump
But if they start to overRule your Peanos
Just poke them with a Compass in the rump.
Harmonic Virgos may be tempt to play
By flattery Tangented to their ear
'I love the Curve Elliptic of your sway
Thou art the Cuboid destined for my Sphere'.
X Librans makes a Quantity of prate
Now double it for Power Y to Zen
Subtracting Z produces vacillate
Divide by thumps to clear and start again.
Shy Scorpios in Logarithms hide
With Relativity which they embrace
They fly by taking Parabolic ride
With aliens from Fibonacci Space.
As Sagittarians Abstractly run
On no Account engage in Matrix dance
Whilst they may find it Exponential fun
You'll forfeit toes to their Kinetic prance.
To Orbifold a Capricorns Converse
Distract by 'citing enth- most place of Pi
But if the Complex Plane remains adverse
Contuse with Games of Cryptograph eye-spy.
Aquarians are Fluidly Inclined
To saying stupid things like 'catch a Wave'
Illogic'lly Entangled in the mind
Their Hemispheric Orbits won't behave.
The Roots of Pisceans obliquely Lie
Within an Escher Tesselated bowl
They're blessed with Countless Postulated fry
And Scaled with Quasicrystal fungal sole.
Note: Augustine(354-430 CE) wrote, 'The good christian should avoid mathematicians and all those who make empty prophecies. the danger already exists that mathematicians have made a covenant with the Devil to darken the spirit and to confine man in the bonds of Hell'
-but he was really talking about astrologers-
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Mathematical Star Signs by Diane Hine )
Did you read them?
- Treasured days..., David Lessard
- The body of my Temple lays unswept;, David McLansky
- Feral Mother, Robert Rorabeck
- An Unborn Child, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Euthanasia of Airplanes, Robert Rorabeck
- Spindrels of Cornucopia, Robert Rorabeck
- it's the little things that make love big, Mandolyn ...
- Time Frozen, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Time To Crash, Michael McParland
- Poetry Delivers, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)