The bringer of light comes over the hill,
A resonant day is stirring.
In the rose tinted mist of the morning,
Dragonflies briskly come whirring.
Marshland musicians from Cattail Pond,
In long trilling preludes to spring,
Awake and inspire the resident choir,
And the red-winged blackbirds sing.
Pretty miss bird has assuredly heard,
The heart of the young balladeer,
Red epaulets flare conspicuously,
The message he's sending is clear.
More songsters arrive, the marsh comes alive,
Bouncing with improvisation,
Carefree indifference is merrily shown,
To irrelevant non-syncopation.
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Marshland Musicians by Connie Yost )
- Two Become One, Loide V Augustinus
- Your Sweetness, Loide V Augustinus
- Why do you mock at my love, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Drifting Away, Loide V Augustinus
- The Eminent Reign, kyvin nash
- If you failed to, gajanan mishra
- The Dream Catcher, Dexsta Ray
- Father Bird, Enebeli Prada
- Obsessions and Complusions, Nick Kler
- In your eyes, kyvin nash